I would like to be able to ...

Allow adding via email

it would be great to be able to create a company/person/opportunity/activity via email. Just add the stuff in the body of the email and it adds it automatically.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Issam AlamehIssam Alameh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This have not moved since 5 months, look at batchbook and others, I moved from batchbook and lost that functionality which is awesome, I wish if I can email a todo to the system.

• Nathalie SmetsNathalie Smets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really good ID because now adding a new account or information is a bit time consuming if you have to add a lot of fields per account and a lot of accounts.

• coolfinncoolfinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the above - but for me synching with Outlook automatically (like Salesforce, SugarCRM, vTiger etc) would make this seamless.

• Tom WalkerTom Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, great idea. Just add some simple formatting rules and require that the email is sent from a registered email address, and include a password field to prevent fraudulent adding...

Example Email:

ACCOUNT[1299439]
        PASSWORD[Pas$w0rd;12345]
        FIRST_NAME[Bob]
        LAST_NAME[Smith]
        EMAIL[bob@exmample.com]
        PHONE[123-456-7890]
        MOBILE[012-345-6789]
        COMPANY[Example Company] (Create this if it doesn't exist)

etc...

• Daniel SidenDaniel Siden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Could not agree more! The biggest stumbeling block with Tactile is simply having to log-in, and manually enter all the data! Apple has made some progress where it parses your e-mails and gives you the option to add addresses, phone numbers and names to new contacts or existing contacts in it's address book. If only Tactile could do the same!!!!! It would BE AMAZING, and we would use it so much more effectively!!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base