I would like to be able to ...

Unified Search

Tactile currently has a separate search box for each of the object types (orgs, people, etc.). It would be nice to have a single box that searched across all of the types and displayed results similarly to how Spotlight does on Mac OS.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David EdwardsDavid Edwards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bonnie MillerBonnie Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I do all the time with my Google email account. And, yes, "text" searches should include numbers. The suggested improvements in tag filtering would also be excellent.

• XperiologyXperiology commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice one Tactile. Keep up the development.

We would say that we want to Search all fields/data areas. Also we note that some entries will only search on first name (which is strange/inefficient), ie. adding a person to an Activity requires us to remember the First name of that person rather than surname… Whereas the Search box (top right) searches for Surname…

We’d also like to be able to do more with the Tags (ie. to filter searches with ‘Boolean’ capabilities, ie. Tags =, ≠, include, does not include etc) and to 'stage' the filters ie. as David Edwards suggests like Spotlight

Feedback and Knowledge Base